Monday 11 July 2011

Slow passage to Falmouth

Writing this as we slowly meander our way to Falmouth.We had thought of going direct to France but a low and associated strong winds are forecast for Brittany on Tuesday so we decided to delay a day and go to Falmouth after a night in Cawsand.
We had fresh mackerel for lunch, which we caught off Rame head and cooked underway, delicious with lemon and salad.
Got the spinnaker up for the second time this year until the wind headed us. Also saw some Dolphins astern, but they did not come and play, probably because we were not going very fast.
Whilst in Plymouth I managed my first mobius bummel and double braid splices successfully.  I also put a cover on to our dyneema lazy forestay, which was a pig of a job and gave me blisters, and went up the mast to fit it so we are almost ready to fly the storm sail, I just need to put a splice in the bottom of the lazy stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment